While Hurricane Florence’s path is not yet determined, it is still important to be prepared.
Here is a list of steps to take to prepare your condo:
- Especially in the Towers, roll up towels and put them in the tracks of the sliding glass doors
- Throw away any perishables in your refrigerator or freezer
- Bring in any patio furniture off the balconies/porches
- Pull down your window treatments
- If necessary, get yourself to a secure area.
If you are not sure of where to go, Harmany is a free app service that connects people who need to find a shelter or want to provide a shelter in the event of a weather emergency. For more information, visit their website at https://www.harmanyapp.com. Also, here is an article featured through WBTW: https://www.wbtw.com/news/grand-strand/working-in-harmany-new-app-connects-people-during-natural-disasters/1265765730.
Finally, for the full South Carolina Hurricane Guide visit https://www.scemd.org/stay-informed/publications/hurricane-guide/.